Wednesday, July 11, 2007

687 Cumberland St.

So here are some photos of my flat. Here's a picture of it from the outside, and I'd say it's a pretty accurate picture, except maybe the hills in the background shouldn't be quite as green. No worries, though.

On the inside, there are four bedrooms, two on either side of the hall as you walk in. My room's pretty good sized, definitely bigger than my room at school last year (or freshman year, for that matter). In fact, my room is about 192 square feet, according to the handy tape measure left in my room by whoever lived here last semester. I got a double-sized bed (everyone has them here), a desk, dresser and closet. Oh, and a space heater. Essential stuff. Of course I don't have my precious posters with me here, so I brought my Vermont calendar and tore out the pages and put them on the wall. Just above my bed, on the right, are pictures of Hartford and Hartland. Nice.

Also in the flat are two bathrooms (one shower) and the best part, a big living room/kitchen. The living room has a bunch of seating (great for movies and stuff).

The funny part about the flat (which is about 80 years old, apparently) is that it was once retrofitted to be handicap accessible, so in addition to ramps in and out, the kitchen counter is lower than most in order to allow wheelchair-bound people to get to the oven and sick. Ironically, the counter is too low, so wheelchairs can't even fit. The other oddity is one bathroom, which actually has the flat's second shower - the bathroom is the shower. The whole thing is tiled, there's a drain in the floor, and it has a removable shower head. Naturally, the shower isn't functional. Instead of water going down the drain in the end of the room, it goes all the way across and under the door to the hallway. Genius post-grad engineering students, apparently. Who cares though, it's home sweet home!

And for inquiring minds, that's my mailing address. The addresses are simple here, but if you're mailing overseas (I'm not begging, just informing) try:
Ryan Frazer
687 Cumberland St.
Dunedin
New Zealand

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Springfield, VT rocks!

Anonymous said...

is your profile for real
GET OVER MAPLE SYRUP

Ryan said...

ha, get over it, buddy...it was just a randomly generated question, i didn't ask for it or anything