Thursday, June 28, 2007

10 hours down...

...out of 35. It actually hasn't been too bad, since I was able to sleep on the plane for once. I hope the don't mind drool on the pillows too much though...

LAX is an alright airport, I guess. You have to take buses from terminal to terminal though, and with 3 pieces of luggage that are all best carried on your shoulders (two backpacks and a duffel) I was a little perturbed.

The flight from Cleveland gave me some nice views of the midwest (an oxymoron?), so I had to be super-touristy and snap a few photos. As the ground is so boring, I thought the clouds were coolest.I'll spare you the rest, be rest assured I was trying hard to figure out if I was looking at a cold front or not. The Grand Canyon looked great, without a cloud in the sky, so I pieced this panorama together:Finally my favorite, just before we landed in LA. It made me feel a bit melancholy, since I was so, so close. Hopefully some of you will recognize it.Well, long day ahead of me. Skype me, I should be around. Either that or hitting it up with kids in my program, they'll be around soon I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bwaha, I stalk your blog. I just wanted to make the statement that LAX is actually a terrible airport, and you're lucky you only had a layover there; driving to it and parking there is the worst. And (I can see into the future!) congrats on making it safely to NZ. Looking forward to reading more about your time there.